Zucchini Pasta w/ Chicken
So being on Ideal Protein you learn veggies can turn into lots of different things! Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes”, Cauliflower “Rice” and now Zucchini Pasta! Sure I have heard of spaghetti squash, but WHY make it out of veggies when there is the nice carb-y (word right?) version?
Welllll now that I can’t really have carbs I decided to try it out! And let me tell you, SO having it again!
First thing I am going to tell you is there are lots of different ways you can prepare this, here are a few:
- If you don’t want to cook it with the chicken you can boil the “noodles” for 2-3 min and rinse them in COLD water, salt the water a bit
- you can use sauce, tomato or alfredo (Walden Farms)
- you can saute the “noodles” instead of boiling them in a little oil
- you can use a mandolin to slice them, or make then into wide noodles with a knife
- you can use these to make lasagna size noodles (no cheese on IP!)
- make this into an Asian dish with soy sauce, ginger etc
So on to the ingredients! Remember, use different seasoning if you want and as much as you like! Remember everyone has different tastes!
2 Zucchini (I only used one, I wish I had 2!)
1 lb Boneless Chicken Breasts
1/2 Chicken Broth (use a little more if needed)
2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
Lemon Juice (used about 1 Tbsp, can use less)
Olive Oil to cook chicken in
Slice, peal or julienne your zucchini and set aside (see pictures above, cut till you start getting to the seeds). Cut up your chicken into bite size pieces and place into a hot pan with a bit of olive oil (I sprayed it). Go ahead and once it starts cooking pour in the lemon juice, stir and then add your salt, pepper and garlic to the pan and stir the chicken again. Cook chicken until it’s just done and add the chicken broth. Let it sit and simmer for about 2 min and then add the zucchini. You only want to cook the zucchini for about 3-4 min. Ours was still a little firm which I really liked it that way. You just don’t want it to turn to mush!
Next I will make it with tomato sauce! This should serve 2